PAL CUP 2018 RULES
18th edition of PAL CUP contains of these nine races:
- Sunday April 1st 2018 - Město Touškov
GRAND PRIX of MĚSTO TOUŠKOV
- Saturday May 12th 2018 - Rakovník
LOKO MTB cup
- Sunday May 20th 2018 - Domažlice
GRAND PRIX of DOMAŽLICE MTB
- Sunday August 19th 2018 - Stupno
MOUNTAIN BIKES STUPNO
- Saturday September 8th 2018 - Vysoká
VYSOKÁ Individual Time Trial
- Sunday September 24th 2018 - Pec
MTB ČERCHOV - Mass Start Hill Climb
- Saturday ??? ??? 2018 - Pilsen or Železná Ruda
GRAND PRIX of
- Saturday ??? ??? 2018 - Dýšina
GOLF OPEN BIKE RACE 2018 - Individual Time Trial
* Mass Start Hill Climb Čerchov MTB is intended only for categories U13m/U13ž upto M50/Ž35
Other PAL Cup competitions are listet for all catogories.
- 1st place.....................34b
- 2nd place.....................31b
- 3rd place.....................28b
- 4th place.....................25b
- 5th place.....................23b
- 6th place.....................21b
- 7th place.....................19b
- 8th place.....................18b
- 9th place.....................17b
- 10th - 25th place.............1 point desc
PAL CUP evaluation:
Competitors will be evaluated in all PAL CUP 2018 racers listed for their category.
At 100% point participation one worst result is deleted, detailing for each category:
- for categories U7, U9, U11: max 6 point results
- for categories U13, U15, U18m, Ž15, Ž35, M18, M30, M40, M50: max 7 point results
The winner of PAL Cup 2018 - the contestant with the highest number of points.
In case of a points tie decides:
- better result in Pilsen Region Championship
- higher number of completed PAL CUP races
- birth year (U7 to U18m – younger / better), (Ž15, Ž35+, M18, M30, M40, M50+ – older / better)
Next to fix points there will be BONUS according to number of competitors completing the race in each category
20 competitors in category finish the race – that is plus 20 points for 1st, 19p for 2nd, 18p for 3rd, etc.
30 competitors in category finish the race – that is plus 30 points for 1st, 29p for 2nd, 28p for 3rd, etc.
BONUS points will ensure that the last competitor will get at least one point.
Categories (according to year of birth):
- U7m - boys 2012 and younger (6 years and younger)
- U7ž - girls 2012 and younger (6 years and younger)
- U9m - boys 2010-2011 (7-8 years)
- U9ž - girls 2010-2011 (7-8 years)
- U11m - boys 2008-2009 (9-10 years)
- U11ž - girls 2008-2009 (9-10 years)
- U13m - boys 2006-2007 (11-12 years)
- U13ž - girls 2006-2007 (11-12 years)
- U15m - boys 2004-2005 (13-14 years)
- U15ž - girls 2004-2005 (13-14 years)
- U18m - juniors 2001-2003 (15-17 years)
- Ž15 - women 1984-2003 (15-34 years)
- Ž35 - women 1983 and older (35 years and older)
- M18 - men 1989-2000 (18-29 years)
- M30 - men 1979-1988 (30-39 years)
- M40 - veterans 1969-1978 (40-49 years)
- M50 - veterans 1968 and older (50 years and older)
Competitor starts in race always at his own risk. Participant is obliged to follow the instructions of the organizer. Parents should know kids actual health, its condition
and should undergo a medical examination to special sports doctor. We recommend the closure of accident insurance.
In case of wrong or incomplete given information in registration is competitor in the risk that the result will not be counted. Race organizer has the right to verify the
accuracy of the data.
Any technical and physical assistance to competitor is punished by his exclusion from the race. Exception refreshment and medical assistance.
Technical depos are prohibited!
The Pilsen region Championship 2018 will be organized by Velosport Domažlice at May 5th where category winner will get Pilsen region Champs jersey - the condition is that the category winner will participate minimally in two PAL CUP 2018 races before this Pilsen region Champs
The race ends when the race winner crosses the finish line. All other competitors will finish their actual lap and are evaluated. Competitor can have one or more laps deficit.
A competitor cannot start in more categories. Every competitor can start only in its category to which he belong according to the year of birth! Competitor will be disqualified
if he will be registered in a different category, even unintentionally.
If a competitor withdraws from the race for any reason, he is obligated immediately to notify the timekeeping subject, or race director.
The start number plate should not be cut or anyhow changed. The competitor is responsible to hold to the officially marked track and itself is responsible for his mistakes on track.
All bicycles used in races must be powered only by human power and should not have wheels of larger diameter than 29. Cyclocross bikes are prohibited!
Ignorance of the rules is not accepted as an excuse. Competitors go to start grid according to PAL CUP overal results as instructed by the organizer. Follows presentation
of all competitors. One minute before start parents or accompaniment should clean the starting grid. Competitor follows the instructions of the organizer.
Parents and accompaniment should not enter to the track because of safety reasons.
The race organizer reserves the right to insert upto 3 VIP bikers in first row for categories Ž15 Ž35, M18, M30, M40, M50
Each participant should behave according to the principles of fair play, polite, considerate and jeopardizing the health and life of himself or other bikers.
All race participants are required to adhere valid competition regulations for MTB races. Each participant starts at his own risk. Usage of safety helmets is mandatory!
Participant is required to adhere to prescribed rules and organizational instructions of organizers. A competitor who will not
attend the announcement of results, is losing entitlement to the prize.
The prize then forfeited to the organizer. The organizer is entitled to make any changes in these rules.
Competitor violates rules:
- if starting from other than the designated area (before starting tape next to the restricted area, etc.)
- in the case of intentional shortening the track
- in the case of gross unsportsmanlike conduct, especially against opponents and organizers. The same rules apply to accompaniment competitors
- in case of wrong or incompleted filled registration form
- riding without a safety helmet. If it achieve the result by assisted by another person in the form of pushing, pulling, changing the whole bike
- in case that biker will run without starting number
Possibilities punish violations of rules:
- verbal warning
- time penalty
- disqualification from the race
The punishment is decided by the race director. Ignorance of the rules is not accepted as an excuse.
Handing of Protest :
Protest to results or rules violation may be handed in only in writing form in the day of the competition, no later than 20 minutes after the arrival of the last
biker in category to the director of the competition or timekeeping subject. Race Director's decision is final and definitive.
Later complaints to results sent by email is dealt by race director with President of P.A.L.
Races are primarily intended for general cycling public!!